Sunday, February 14, 2010

New Hair!

So...my hair's kinda gone, and my word is it gorgeous. Sure, it's waaaay out of the comfort zone, but whatevs.
This is my date face.

It's kinda bugging me how people find the need to refer to it as boyish and make disparaging remarks about my sexuality. But so as not to be found hypocritical, I thought it at the beginning too. But really, what does it really matter if one's hair looks "boyish" or "girlish?" I think that these are outdated ways of describing things.

Also, I don't see why it's a bad thing if people automatically assume that I like women. Anyone that knows me would know otherwise, but seriously, why is it SUCH A HUGE THING. Regardless of my sexuality, I'm a good person that tries to do good things. Who I choose to moon over doesn't change that.

If you feel good about how your hair looks (or any other part of your body), then other people's opinions don't really matter, right?
Well, it isn't always that easy I guess. We rely WAY too much on what other people think of us. For many, it's the basis of our self esteem and confidence. If other people think we look terrible, and make extraneous effort to inform us of this fact, then that can really bring a lady down. It's pretty unfair.

But forget about what other people say! I'm beautiful, you're beautiful, every woman on the entire planet is simply gorgeous, no matter what anyone else says. And the sooner we realize that, the happier 51% of the population is going to be.

Love you,

-Sooki



0 comments: